Asbestos Removal and Safe Handling Services: Why Professionals Should Do This Job?Blog | August 31st, 2017
When it comes time to demolishing a building or structure, it is not only advised to hire a demolition expert, but one that offers asbestos removal and safe handling services. Safety is the main reason for this, as asbestos is proven to be a hazardous material that can cause numerous health related problems, such as cancer, and non-cancerous respiratory diseases when fibres are inhaled that could cause cardiac failure, among other things.
With that said, typically experts are the ones who remove asbestos during demolition jobs, as the risk of exposure is too great for untrained and ill-equipped labourers. Asbestos removal should not be taken lightly, even when money can be saved by either hiring general labourers or the property owner themselves undertakes demolition of a building known to have asbestos material in the roofing, ceilings, or other areas.
Asbestos Removal and Safe Handling Services Should Always be Done by Professionals
There is no need to risk removing asbestos materials when there are professionals like Simcat Demolitions available to do it for you. It is not easy removing hazardous materials from a building properly – safely. Protective gear and specialised tests must be used during the removal process.
As a professional demolition company, Simcat will conceal the area to be demolished with plastic, so that no asbestos fibre are released into the air during the whole process, or until all asbestos material is safely removed. As contaminated material is removed, it is placed inside plastic bags for safe transporting to an authorised disposal site. Because of the dangers involved during removal, safety is always our first priority at Simcat.
Where is Asbestos Found?
Surprisingly, asbestos can be found in a number of places throughout old commercial buildings and homes. Some of the most common places asbestos materials are found are listed below:
- Furnace Ducts
- Roofing Materials
- Pipe Insulation
- Ceiling Materials
Simcat Demolition and Recycling Services
With over a decade of experience in the demolition industry, Simcat is a proven name you can trust with all things related to demolition, strip-out, hazardous waste management, including asbestos removal services. With Simcat’s excavators and a fully trained team of professionals, you can be assured that site excavation, demolition, asbestos removal, or the internal strip out of commercial buildings is thorough and completed to meet tight time lines.
If you want to hire the best demolishers in Melbourne that can handle the safe removal of asbestos from your building, then look no farther than Simcat Demolitions.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Understand Office Building Strip Out Inclusions: Contact Simcat Demolitions
- The Importance of Following Safety Precautions in Demolition of Fire Damaged Structures
- The Factors that You Must Consider When Hiring a Demolition Company
- Learn About the Different Types of Asbestos and the Reasons for Proper Handling
- Pre-Demolition Audit: When Is It Necessary?
- How Professional Demolishers Handle Internal Strip-Outs to Ensure Safety
- Renovation of Old Homes Require Asbestos Removal and Disposal
- Replacing Defective Plumbing in Buildings: Why is Partial Demolition a Necessity?
- Sewer Capping in a Demolition Project: Why Is It a Requirement?
- Fire-Damaged Structure Demolition: Hire Simcat Demolitions