Essential Tips for Preparing for an Industrial Building Strip-OutBlog | February 26th, 2019
Often times, it is necessary to perform a strip-out before refurbishing and industrial building. This involves removing all of the unwanted elements on the interior except for load-bearing walls to make way for the upgrades. Since these buildings vary greatly in layout and size, what elements need removal also will vary. If you will need an industrial building strip-out in the near future, you should learn how to prepare for it in the proper manner. For this reason, we provide you with the following essential tips to accomplish this.
Hire a Company That Specialises in Industrial Strip-Outs
Our number one tip is to hire a company that specialises in industrial strip-outs. After all, this process requires in-depth knowledge, experience and the right techniques and equipment to perform it properly. Research into the background of the company to ensure that it delivers quality, professional results. The company should also be fully licenced and insured.
Develop a Solid Plan and a Set Schedule for the Strip-Out
With the help of the professional strip-out company, develop a solid plan and set schedule for your project. Be certain that the company explains every detail in-depth to ensure that you fully understand the process. Also, the date or dates of the strip-out need to be convenient for you.
Understand How the Professional Strip-Out Company Plans to Dispose of Any Debris
Another tip you should take heed of is to understand how the company plans to dispose of any debris. Some of it may be recyclable while other debris may need special handling. In addition, certain elements will be able to be disposed of in traditional ways.
Remove All Valuables From the Interior of the Building
You also will need to remove all your valuable items from the interior of your building prior to start of the strip-out. This includes any light fixtures, computers, equipment pieces, paperwork, desks, tables and chairs along with anything else that you wish to keep for your business operations.
Notify Surrounding Companies That a Strip-Out Is Taking Place
As a courtesy, you might want to notify the surrounding companies of the strip-out in case the coming and going of the professional crews or the project will cause them an inconvenience. This keeps you in good with them in the event you need their help in the future.
For additional essential tips for preparing for an industrial building strip-out, rely on Simcat Demolitions. We specialise in all types of demolitions from performing simple strip-outs to demolishing entire structures. Our expert teams also understand how to dispose of debris in the correct fashion, including asbestos.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Importance of Risk Assessment and Management in Demolition and Removal Services
- Why Should You Check Your Demolition Contractor’s Environment Management Plan Before Hiring Them?
- An Overview of Remediation and Abatement Services and How Simcat Demolitions Can Help You
- How Simcat Demolition Professionals Handle Proper and Safe Recycling After Every Project
- What are the Standard Safety Check Protocols for Every Demolition and Site Clearance Project?
- What are the Things to Consider in Estimating a Residential Demolition Project Cost?
- The Importance of Cost-Effective Demolition and Excavation Services for Your Project
- Things to Consider When Pre-planning Building Demolition Sites
- How to Deal with Fire Damaged Buildings and Why Would You Need Expert Demolishers?
- Construction Waste Management After Demolition