Ways to Estimate the Cost of a Commercial Demolition ProjectBlog | January 22nd, 2020
Commercial demolition projects are a lot complicated and figuring out ways to estimate its cost are carried out in a systematic process. Below are some of them.
Total Area of the Commercial Demolition Project
One of the first few things to consider in assessing the cost of a commercial demolition project is the total area of coverage since most of the expenses associated to it are charged with consideration to the size. After measuring the length and the width of the building, multiply them together. Keep in mind that this cost can go up or go down depending on the area.
It costs more to demolish a building with asbestos. This is because the asbestos has to be removed by professionals before the building is demolished. Look for professionals to inspect your commercial building before demolishing it. Those buildings built in the 1980s or earlier are more likely to have asbestos or other hazardous materials as the construction industry used asbestos in the 1980s and earlier.
Asbestos is mostly found in cement sheet, floor tiles, steam pipes, millboard, insulation around furnaces, boilers and so on. Hire a reputable, professional asbestos inspector to inspect your commercial building before demolishing it. If the inspector finds hazardous materials, it is good to have the materials removed.
Permits, Licenses, and Other Policies
Ensure that you get permits, licenses, and other policies before demolishing your commercial building. Inform utility companies that you are planning to demolish your commercial building. While the permit cost is mostly included in the price of a demolition service, it is important to confirm this when you get your written estimate.
Type of Commercial Demolition Project
When it comes to demolishing commercial buildings, it involves more care and scrutiny than residential. Just like the residential demolition process, there are different methods that can be used in taking down the building. Some of the methods that can be used are demolition by hand, demolition by explosion or implosion, and mechanical demolition. Before proceeding with commercial building demolitions, there are some things you need to know. Here is a brief look at the methods mentioned above.
If you are looking for a reliable and professional demolition to carry out your commercial demolition project, look no further than Simcat Demolitions. We have a committed and hardworking team will remove everything to ensure you are set for the next phase of your project, while striving to create innovative solutions that safely and professionally enhance the quality of any project. All projects are carried out under full insurance cover and are fully compliant to the highest health, safety and environmental standards. We also do what we can to keep the environment safe, and ensure that most of the material removed from our sites is recycled. Our philosophy and practice is to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What are the Standard Safety Check Protocols for Every Demolition and Site Clearance Project?
- What are the Things to Consider in Estimating a Residential Demolition Project Cost?
- The Importance of Cost-Effective Demolition and Excavation Services for Your Project
- Things to Consider When Pre-planning Building Demolition Sites
- How to Deal with Fire Damaged Buildings and Why Would You Need Expert Demolishers?
- Construction Waste Management After Demolition
- Safety Precautions in Asbestos Removal and Why Leave it to Simcat Professionals
- What You Should Know About Stormwater Capping and Why Choose Simcat Demolitions?
- 4 Important Steps on How Homeowners Should Deal with Fire Damage and Demolition
- Start New, Start Fresh this 2021: Know More about Residential Strip Out and Its Benefits